Hernia mesh trials

I’m about to start a series of reporting on the upcoming mesh trials. We have waited so long for any court action since most courts have been closed in 2020. Even though we are not done with this pandemic, or it’s not done with us, the courts are opening up - we have hernia mesh trials in three different states.

It will be fascinating to see how they fare in comparison to the pelvic mesh trials where tens of millions were awarded AND the punitive damages! When jurors hear how mesh makers disregarded the early signs of trouble, they get furious! So stay tuned and if you have a hernia, please consider a first repair to be a non-mesh one.

What states are the trials in?

They are in Georgia, Ohio and Delaware… update soon on whether the January cases are really going forward!!

We have a trial in Rhode Island April 7th Timothy and Lori Rudd v Davol Inc. PC-2018-0482. I’m trying to get the complaint but believe its Ventralex patch. Bard/Davol has more hernia meshes than any other company…Thank you for joining the community! ja

Change… More like April 21! Same place, same people… Stay tuned.

1 Like

Is the hernia Mesh trial going on still in Rhode Island? And thank you for doing this you are helping a lot of concerned people with no answers

1 Like

Hi Swift- You are so right to ask for an update…I called the court today and they said it looks like there is another delay! I know, very frustrating, but opening up the courts to a huge backlog is a huge problem apparently. The good news is that it’s still in play. There is always the possibility for a last minute settlement. I heard about one against Boston Scientific just last week so… it’s like the game of chicken, who will veer off first. Crappy way to treat one of the users of your product in my opinion. I will run an updated story when there is a new trial set and have the right contacts to keep up on that. By the way… go to www.courts.ri.gov
Click on public e service access, smart search. Put in case number which is
pc-2018-0482… Rudd v Davol. Thanks for writing!

Welcome to the Forum community on Mesh News Desk!